Displaying your LIVErtising stones of knowledge 2019
Here is the final information relating to the LIVErtising oral exam. Please read this carefully: nothing new, but it is good to understand the real intent.
The contents of the exam
The exams bears on the different facets of the course, i.e.
- the contents shared during each lecture based on the weekly keynotes AND on the oral explanations reflected in your personal notes
- the videos embedded in the slides; if you missed any, you’ll be happy to find (most of) them on the course Youtube channel
- some quizzes I have tweeted to you to test your knowledge, which now belongs to the course contents
- the different platforms, sites or services I invited you to test all along the course
- your own research based on the course
Your study must develop a solid understanding not only of these contents. It well also focus on the concepts that structure the course, and even more so the links between the different parts and their concepts. Do not base your study on the list below, which is only intended as a testing tool, not as a study basis.
The exam format
The evaluation itself will be based on three concepts from the course. You’ll draw three cards from a list including:
(1) core concepts (2) supporting concepts (3) illustrating concepts.
The above list is complete for the 2019 exam and replaces the 2018 list, which is not valid. You can ask questions about these concepts in the form of a comment at the bottom of this post; this will enable everyone to see it and read my answer too, or try to answer for yourselves.
Your aim will be to show you have clearly understood these concepts and how they relate to the evolution of marketing communication as we have analysed it in the course. In a nutshell, this evolution has taken us from
(1) interruptive/ top-down/ one-way/ outbound advertising over (2) permission/ bottom-up/ two-way/ inbound advertising to (3) networked/ collaborative/ social/ participatory/ connected communication (4) to reach a stage that is data-driven by algorithms, where AI is progressively taking over many aspects of marketing communication.
Each concept should be a door that opens up the global conceptual context it belongs to.
Additionally, your optional certifications with the Google Digital Garage or Hubspot Academy will prove very useful to extend your knowledge (I’ll publish the results soon after the deadline, May 17 at midnight, in 7 days) , and for those with a taste for even more, there is the information shared on Twitter with the #LIVErtising hashtag.
In a nutshell, your task will be to:
- define those concepts
- put them in their adequate conceptual context and develop that conceptual network
- show how they connect with associated concepts
- detail how they help us understand the evolution and specific digital dimension of marketing that the course focuses on
Make sure no language problem blurs your message – here is some revision work may boost your mastery of some basic aspects of the language.
This exam format is far more open than getting three question: it’s both easier and also more difficult. It gives you more possibilities: no danger of feeling stuck in a question you do not understand or remember – no set or expected answer, as long as it is relevant, information-rich, coherent and shows that you have understood the context. But is also gives you more responsibility: the need to build your own answer with all the bits and pieces of the course in order to provide a relevant answer that makes sense. In this respect the structure of your answer will be important.
I understand you may want to ask me questions about some of the above concepts. I invite you to submit all your questions as a comment at the bottom of this post. This will enable me to answer publicly and help you all. In earlier posts about the exam you’ll find my answers to such questions. You’ll already find an extensive Q&A list on the preceding posts announcing preceding exams. Please check that before submitting new queries.
This is it, as tweeted earlier – mail me if you want to make a switch with someone else and both agree OR if you want to take the possibility to do the exam early, on May 24. If the windows below does not work, here is the direct link.
All the best to you all!